Currently No Open Positions but that changes quickly!
Please send us your resume if you are interested in being notified of any opening positions. We do get contract notifications suddenly are on occasion need to hire immediately. If you are interested in having us keep you on file, please send us your info.
Transports furniture, office equipment, and related items at various government, commercial and residential locations throughout Oahu. May have to operates vehicles and mechanical equipment as required to facilitate loading, unloading, and transport of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation. Routinely interacts with all constituents of the organizations involved in the move.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads furniture and related materials onto and off trucks, ensuring that appropriate padding and ropes are used to prevent damage.
- Operates forklifts, mechanical lift gates, and mechanical platforms to facilitate loading and unloading of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Locates and relocates desks, chairs, tables, bookcases, and other related office equipment and furniture.
- Arranges and sets up furniture and related items for classroom and special events use as instructed.
- Operates a large moving truck in the transportation of moving materials, as necessary.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks.
- May serve as the main contact person in communications with customers regarding work orders.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. Less than high school; no previous work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate mechanical forklifts, lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to safely operate a large moving truck, as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Position requires: a) operating forklifts, mechanical lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position, in the loading of furniture and other materials onto and off of trucks; b) locating and moving office equipment and furniture; c) arranging and setting up furniture for classes and special events; d) operation of a large truck for moving furniture and equipment, as appropriate to the position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- Possession of a valid Hawaii's driver's license, as appropriate to position. If you don't have a license, then you won't be driving.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.